Porto Montenegro is currently recruiting for a Gardener to join their Landscaping department and assist with ground maintenance including aesthetics, cleanness and safety of the landscaping environment.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Irrigation and fertilization of all plants in planters and pots;
- Deadheading annuals and perennials, pruning, mulching and weeding;
- Planting, transplanting and propagation of planting material;
- Formal hedge maintenance and topiary tree shaping;
- Treatment and monitoring of health problems of all plant material;
- Operation and utilization of basic landscape tools (hedge trimmers, trimmers, blowers, pruners, chain saws, spade, secateurs etc.);
- Ensuring all chemical and fertilizer applications are carried in a safe and controlled manner;
- Reporting any dangerous branch, tree leaning, dead, diseased or stressed plant;
- Ad hoc duties, as assigned by Supervisor.
A successful Gardener will have the following:
- High School Degree;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions;
- Ability to carry and move heavy loads;
- A team player with positive and a can-do attitude;
- Willingness to learn;
- Experience in practical horticulture and machine handling is desirable but not mandatory.
Deadline for applications is 12 noon, 25 January 2018